5 Things you'll love about texting through Insight
Did you know you can text your church through your website in a matter of seconds?
The Endis development team, support staff and I were ecstatic when we released text messaging into the software and I'm afraid we have done a bad job of getting the word out about it. It’s one of those features that has come out of our ongoing quest to help churches save time and money.
Here are some helpful things about texting through ChurchInsight that you might not have realised:
1) Faster than email – Text messaging (also know as SMS) is an instant way of getting a message to someone, as long as they have their mobile phone with them (and who doesn't?). Don't wait for people to check their email – get the message heard straight away.
2) Cheaper than a mobile phone – SMS from a mobile phone provider is about 10p+VAT although some contracts have a free allowance of a certain number of messages. When you send one from your ChurchInsight site it is only around 8p+VAT per text.
3) Easy to contact everyone – As your ChurchInsight site is your church database, you should have everyone’s mobile phone information to hand. You don’t need to keep a separate database with another supplier either so the admin involved is very low. Select who you want to send it to, write the text once, hit send – that's it.
4) No commitment, pay for what you use – There is no monthly fee for using the text message feature in Insight, nor do you have to buy your credits in advance. Simply pay for what you use and the fee is added to your monthly bill.
5) Customisable to give you control – Using the permissions feature in the web office you can specify the people to whom you would like to send SMS. You don’t have to send blanket messages. You are always in control of the usage and cost of the service.
Why not give texting through Insight a go and let us know how you get on, over at Twitter or Facebook?
Adam Johannes, 10/05/2011